AS the summer continues we must take care not to neglect our watering.
Making sure the irrigation system is in perfect condition is the most important thing in midsummer – especially the lawn irrigation system as you have to water it daily.
And always remember the evening or at dawn are the best times.
We must also continue to monitor the occurrence of pests and diseases almost every day in summer as now is the time they are most likely to appear.
And if you have a pond now is also the best time to enjoy the many aquatic plants that thrive in the summer.
When it comes to planting, August is when you should sow turnips, radishes, carrots, borage, canons and move the chard and cauliflower seedlings sown in July, and the leeks and sprouts sown in the nursery in June.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36