NERJA has been ordered to remove blue flags from two of its beaches.
In what is thought to be the first time a resort has lost its flags in the heart of summer, both El Playazo and Maro beaches have been penalised.
The loss did not, however, come due to the town continuing to pour its sewage into the sea.
El Playazo lost its flag after inspectors found vehicles parked on the sand and bbqs burning on the sand.
Meanwhile Maro beach was penalised because of inadequate car parking facilities.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02