SPANISH royals were left embarrassed again after being denied entry to an Olympics journalists’ zone.
The Queen, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia were stopped by a British volunteer as they tried to enter an area reserved for journalists.
The family were hoping to be able to congratulate Nicolas Garcia, who had just won a silver medal in taekwondo.
The volunteer stated that he had no idea who they were, and without accreditation there would be no entry.
Princess Letizia took several pictures of the man as he told them to leave and turned his back on the Spanish royals.
The confusion was over when Garcia arrived later and the trio were finally permitted into the area.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36