AS Spain continues to grapple with its current economic situation – reaching out to the EU for urgent help – it is utterly perplexing why so many authorities would even consider paying their civil servants for tights, ear plugs or teeth whitening.
The fact that Spain apparently has many more civil servants than Germany is bad enough.
Now, after fires and floods have caused millions of euros of damage wouldn’t money spent on such daft measures, be better spent elsewhere?
Of course workers should have access to healthcare and support, but right now civil servants should be happy just to have a job.
See our feature: Bonkers bonuses for Spanish civil servants
- VegTrug receives two awards at Iberflora Show - 2 Nov, 2012 @ 10:00
- Surgeon in Asturias speaks out for homeopathy - 1 Nov, 2012 @ 07:55
- Picasso returns to Spain - 31 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Madrid to open office for missing babies - 30 Oct, 2012 @ 17:35
- Spain’s A-377 in need of repair - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:09
- Marbella inherits former Roca property - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 11:16
- Chef Dani Garcia celebrates Andalucia factory opening with new recipes - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 09:00
- Jagger’s daughter models for tuna - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:30
- Spanish homeowners dealing with fires and floods will have to pay - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:11
- Phones can ruin relationships, research shows - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 09:57