RESIDENTS and businesses of one of the towns worst affected by the recent floods could be in line for financial help from their town hall.
Villanueva del Trabuco was among the worst hit areas, with many residents left counting the cost of extensive damage to their homes.
Now, in an effort to help those most in need, the town hall has pledged €40,000 – a sum which officials hope will cover up to 95% of the requests they receive.
The announcement comes just days after Queen Sofia visited the village as part of a tour of some of the worst affected areas.
She spent time speaking with residents and meeting representatives of some of the organisations involved in helping with the clear-up.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02