A CELEBRITY chef has created two brand new cookbooks to inaugurate a new €16m fruit factory in Andalucia.
Dani Garcia has produced a book of mango recipes and another of avocado recipes designed to coincide with the opening of the new Trops plant in Velez Malaga.
The book contains 12 recipes and photos, as well as information about the two-Michelin-starred Marbella chef and the fruits grown in the area.
The new plant, which was opened by Spain’s Environment Minister Miguel Canete, will create 150 new jobs and could triple Trops’ mango and avocado production.
Trops is one of Europe’s main tropical fruit factories.
It collects produce from 1,800 farmers in the Axarquia and the Costa Tropical, managing 60% of the country’s mango yield and 30% of its avocados.
- VegTrug receives two awards at Iberflora Show - 2 Nov, 2012 @ 10:00
- Surgeon in Asturias speaks out for homeopathy - 1 Nov, 2012 @ 07:55
- Picasso returns to Spain - 31 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Madrid to open office for missing babies - 30 Oct, 2012 @ 17:35
- Spain’s A-377 in need of repair - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:09
- Marbella inherits former Roca property - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 11:16
- Chef Dani Garcia celebrates Andalucia factory opening with new recipes - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 09:00
- Jagger’s daughter models for tuna - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:30
- Spanish homeowners dealing with fires and floods will have to pay - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:11
- Phones can ruin relationships, research shows - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 09:57