AN Algerian ‘career criminal’ who has been arrested in Spain 92 times has been deported to the UK.
Lazhari Zemouche has been sent to the UK after apparently undertaking a ‘marriage of convenience’ to acquire a UK passport.
It comes after the 45-year-old ‘career criminal’ apparently married a British woman.
Spanish police admit he is now free to roam the streets in Britain unless he becomes a ‘wanted man’.
Records show Zemouche has been arrested throughout Spain since 1987 for crimes including theft and robbery. He has served several jail terms.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36