A PREGNANT Spanish lawyer who died from a suspected overdose had told friends her fiance was trying to kill her, an inquest has heard.
Ana Hernandez, 32, was found dead at the Doncaster home she shared with partner Darren Stott, 42, with a cocktail of drugs in her system.
Friends of the Spaniard, who was four months pregnant, said Hernandez told them: “Darren is trying to kill me. He’s trying to kill me with these drugs.”
Hernandez’s brother Rafael, 42, also described Stott as a ‘control freak’.
Stott, 42, has since moved to the Canary Islands where the couple originally met and was not present at the inquest nor could the coroner contact him.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50