POLICE suspect a man tried to commit suicide when they found a burning car underneath a bridge near Velez-Malaga.
Officers were quickly on the scene, when they received an emergency call to the bridge beside the motorway near Baviera Golf.
Incredibly they managed to extinguish the flames and save the man, who was found unconscious inside the car.
The 63-year-old was flown by helicopter to hospital in Malaga and remains in a critical condition with 80% burns to his body.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50