BRAVE swimmers who went for a hangover-curing dip in the cold ocean on New Year’s Day have raised more than €5,000 for an animal charity.
Simon Williams, owner of the Caribbean Bar, in Carvajal, Fuengirola, organised the swim to raise money for the 4 Paws Animal Charity.
The event is now in its 7th year and attracts crowds of up to 400 people and a handful of daring swimmers.
He said: “It is always a great laugh and we are raising money for a good cause too. We are hoping we get more people taking part in the swim next year as well as coming to watch.”
The bar also organised a BBQ, live entertainment and a raffle with the lucky winner getting a cruise for two around the Mediterranean.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50