Farmers in the Guadalhorce Valley fear that water released by the Junta has come too late with some crops already damaged by dry spells.
FOLLOW OLIVE PRESS
LATEST NEWS FROM THE OLIVE PRESS
Harvard professor left with burning question after week in Spain: When do Spaniards sleep?
A PROFESSOR from Harvard University struck a chord this week after she came to Spain and asked a question that many visitors to the...
WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
- SEC on Notorious Spanish fraudster ‘Little Nicolas’ collects fourth jail sentence: “Why hasn’t anyone done a film about this guy??” Mar 29, 23:18
- Val.aroma on MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE: Finding out a little more about aromatherapy: “Thanks Susannah for your flair and elegance! We are lucky and proud to have you in our Aroma talks as…” Mar 27, 14:55
- Wolfgang on Protestors come out in force on streets of Madrid to denounce regional government’s ‘dismantling’ of healthcare system: “Germany will warmly welcome all doctors from Madrid, who are looking for better labour conditions and salary! Ayuso has to…” Feb 12, 19:43
- Wolfgang on OLIVE PRESS CAMPAIGN: Bus company Avanza promises to improve services along the coast if demand becomes clear: “The problem is not a lack of cash mashines, the problem is the lack of visible bus stops with a…” Feb 9, 15:34
- Wolfgang on IN PICTURES: If trees could talk then these 10 amazing trees in Spain would have some tales to tell: “What a nice gigantism! Where on earth may I watch a sequoia tree over 1000 m tall? To my knowledge,…” Feb 5, 23:23
- Wolfgang on OLIVE PRESS OPINION: It should be a basic no-brainer to run reliable buses up and down the coast: “As long as tickets for a bus ride are so cheap, the private bus companies will not change that situation.” Jan 28, 21:07
- Wolfgang on ‘Disgusting, frustrating, nightmare, shambles:’ Residents in Spain’s Costa del Sol vent their feelings at the region’s public transport: “The buses in Estepona only serve the main road along the coast. I live on top of a hill just…” Jan 20, 15:01