AN off-duty policeman and two local residents have stopped a knife-wielding caravan burglar in Velez-Malaga.
Owners of the caravan, a father and his son, were surprised to come home to find two men removing items from their trailer last Thursday at 4.00 pm.
While one of the robbers fled the scene immediately, the other man pulled out a blade measuring 14 centimetres.
Alerted by the commotion, an off-duty police officer managed to grab the weapon and wrestle the man to the ground before back-up arrived.
Police later found the man was also armed with a Stanley knife and a screwdriver.
Velez Malaga mayor Francisco Bonilla congratulated the officer, pointing out that he had also solved two other crimes in the town in just one week.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36