By Kathryn Richardson
GINA Lollobrigada’s toy boy ex is threatening to sue her for defamation.
Spanish businessman, Javier Rigau, 51, is being sued by the actress for fraud, after she claimed he fabricated their marriage in an attempt to steal her €40m fortune.
Ms Lollobrigida, 85, claims she only recently found out she was legally married to Mr Rigau and that someone stood in for her at the ceremony in November 2010.
“I have absolutely no doubt that legally I am in the right, the allegations that I married Gina without her knowledge to win her fortune is just unbelievable and I will clear my name,” said Mr Rigau.
“I cannot remain silent as my name is being dragged through the mud.”
The couple first met in Monte Carlo in 1984, and dated for more than 20 years before announcing their engagement in 2006.
However, the businessman, who is also worth around €40m in his own right, said the marriage was based on love and legal documents to keep their assets separate had already been drawn up before the ceremony.
He said: “If anything its Gina who needs money, she has assets but struggles with cash flow.
“She was always complaining that people just didn’t want to pay her for personal appearances anymore.”
Mr Rigau also claims to have personal documents which prove Ms Lollobrigada was fully aware of their marriage.
Blaming the actress’ behaviour on her new advisor, Andrea Piazzolla, Mr Rigau said: “It’s very worrying. I can honestly say that I don’t recognise the person she has become over the last 18 months.”
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00