A POPULAR star of Spanish bull runs named ‘Mouse’, or ‘Raton’ in Spanish, has died at the age of 12 in a ranch in the Spanish town of Sueca.
Raton, who mauled three people during his bull fighting career, attracted fees of up to €18,000 to appear at town festivals and fights.
The black and white bulled reportedly weighed 550kg when he died earlier this month.
Owner Gregorio de Jesus told the newspaper he planned to stuff the beast and put him on display at the ranch.
Some 3,000 people turned out for his final run before he retired in September 2011.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50