ONE of Spain’s most eccentric sportsmen has opened a golf academy on the Costa del Sol.
Miguel Angel Jimenez has launched the school in Torremolinos after competing in various competitions along the coast.
The academy, which features a 9-hole pitch and putt course designed by Jimenez himself, also boasts a practice course for complete beginners.
A clubhouse, relaxation zone and car park are also expected to be built in the second phase of the project.
“This is a dream come true as golf has given me everything and I want to give back,” said 49-year-old Jimenez at the launch.
“My goal was to develop and promote golf in this area and it’s been achieved with the opening of the Academy.”
Situated in the La Colina urbanisation, the 7-hectare school runs parallel with the railway line which runs between Malaga and Fuengirola.
“The land is a 50-year concession from the Town Hall. We have very popular prices and will be focused mainly on children and families with special discounts for them,” added the golfer.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36