JANE Fonda firing a bow and arrow, paintings by Andy Warhol and music by James Brown…welcome to Malaga’s hippest new show.
The exhibition documenting the photography of Hollywood icon Dennis Hopper launched this week at the Picasso Museum.
Dennis Hopper, On the Road is a collection of 141 black and white photographs taken between 1961 and 1967.
The display features the Easy Rider star’s shots of road journeys, celebrity friends, fashion pieces, film sets and even street advertising.
Also included in the exhibition are works by Hoppers peers such as Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein and Claes Oldenburg along with some of the actors own artwork.
Various listening points will also enable visitors to hear a soundtrack compiled for the exhibition with music by James Brown, Ike & Tina Turner, The Byrds and Neil Young.
The museum’s artistic director, Jose Lebrero Stals, described the show as ‘a modest attempt to pay tribute to a Bohemian from a faraway place called Dodge City’.
To coincide with the exhibition, the museum has also produced a limited edition book which chronicles Hopper’s many talents.
Dennis Hopper, On the Road runs from now until September 29 at the Museo Picasso Malaga.
For more information contact 952 12 76 00.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36