A BRITISH pensioner has been subjected to a horrifying armed robbery at his village home near Antequera.
The 77-year-old man, who has asked not to be identified, was rushed to hospital for a blood transfusion and brain scan after being tied up and beaten by a gang of four robbers.
The gang, who are believed to be of Spanish nationality, are yet to be apprehended after taking over €2,000 worth of belongings.
“I had just sat down to watch the television at nine o’clock when I heard glass break in the kitchen,” the expat told the Olive Press.
The elderly man, who has asked to remain anonymous for fear of retribution, armed himself with a metal pole to investigate the noise and saw four masked men at his door.
“I pleaded with them to go away but one grabbed the pole out of my hands and forced his way in.”
After the group entered the house the expat was then attacked and tied up with a telephone cable.
Repeatedly demanding money from the pensioner, the gang become more even violent before threatening him with several weapons.
“They told me they were going to kill me, they had my garden sheers at my throat.
I tried to tell them I’m a pensioner, I don’t have any money, I don’t have a safe or anything like that,” he added.
The robbers then dragged the pensioner down a set of stairs to his garage where a knife was produced.
“I thought they were going to kill me,” he added.
The pensioner was then left tied up and bleeding from his injuries while the gang ‘ransacked’ his house for 15 minutes before fleeing with several valuables.
After the robbers fled, the expat was finally able to untie himself and call the emergency services.
The elderly Brit required several stitches to his forehead and hands after the ordeal. The Guardia Civil are currently looking to identify the gang.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02