A BRITISH couple have become the first expats to open a non-Spanish business inside Malaga airport.
Tots Store – a service providing baby and toddler equipment for rent and sale – is the brainchild of Sarah and Richard Ashman.
Parents can get their hands on everything from car seats and baby milk to children’s bikes and English-brand nappies.
“Our car seats are half the price of the rent a car firms,” explains Sarah, 39.
The couple who have lived in Riviera for 11 years have landed a ‘testing contract’ and hope to see the business go from strength to strength.
“It’s still early days but we’ve got lots of clients and we are already turning over a profit,” adds Sarah.
The company prides itself on affordable prices and helping parents find essential products not readily available in Spain.
“A lot of companies sell and rent baby equipment but they don’t go the whole distance,” Sarah adds.
“At Tots Store we supply all those things that make a mum’s life so much easier on holiday.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02