POLICE have discovered the bodies of a missing Olympian and her boyfriend partially buried in a field near Murcia.
Dutch nationals Ingrid Visser, 35, and her partner Lodewijk Severein, 57, disappeared on May 13 after checking into a hotel.
Worried relatives sparked an appeal for their return after the couple failed to turn up to afertility consultation they had arranged in Spain.
The pair’s luggage had been left at the hotel they had checked into while their Fiat Panda rental car had also gone missing.
Three suspects, a 36-year-old Spaniard and two Romanians, aged 47 and 60, have been arrested according to police.
Police sources added that both victims ‘died under violent circumstances’ after police found evidence at a nearby farmhouse.
Visser, a former professional volleyball player, spent time playing for local club CAV Murcia between 2010 and 2012 before retiring last year.
Dutch investigators are currently working with Spanish police on the case.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36