IN a ‘last chance’ investigation, Scotland Yard detectives said today that they believe there is a chance Madeleine McCann could still be alive.
In a press conference on July 4, officials revealed they have identified 38 persons of interest, 12 of whom are British and some of whom may be living in Spain. All were in Portugal at the time of McCann’s disappearance.
One of the suspects named was Urs Hans Von Aesch, a Swiss man who lived in Spain. He was a known paedophile who took his own life after killing a five-year old Swiss girl, just three months after McCann’s disappearance.
Investigators have no evidence to suggest McCann was murdered.
Young Madeleine McCann went missing in 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal, when her parents went out for drinks at the bar of the resort where they were staying.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48