MARBELLA has become a must-visit summer destination, celebs, footballers and reality TV stars are lounging on the beaches and driving along the golden mile.
Naomi Campbell, Nicole Scherzinger and Ashley Cole have all been spotted enjoying the sun and sangria. Marbella is synonymous with luxury tourism.
No wonder it is the most searched for destination on holiday compare website trivago.
Luxury comes with a price and Marbella is around 190 euros a night, just behind Playa d’en Bossa in Ibiza, with an average price of 286 euros. With the average cost of hotel ranging between 55 and 286 euros per night.
A few Spanish tourist towns have got on board the gravy train, with some increasing their prices -Torremolinos, Lanzarote, Playa Blanca, Roquetas de Mar, Almunecar or Puerto de Alcudia, have increased by 28% over the previous year.
However, some have lowered their prices by 3% over the same month last year, including Fuengirola, Conil, Torrevieja, Llanes, Salou or Benicàssim.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27