BATTLE of the Bands champions Orange Peel have been added to the line up of next week’s Gibraltar Music Festival, and will perform an unplugged set on the Radio Gibraltar stage.
In an announcement on their Facebook page, the group said: “We have been approached to play an “Unplugged” session at the Gibraltar Music Festival on the Radio Gibraltar stage, alongside Guy Valarino, 10CC, Propellors, The Bank and the great Afterhours.”
“Taking it as a new challenge, (we have to change our material into an “unplugged” vibe) we have accepted the offer and we are very much looking forward to this great opportunity”
They join a host of other local acts, three of which will be chosen to perform on the main stage alongside headline acts including Olly Murs, Emeli Sande and Texas.
There are only a handful of general admission and seated tickets available, and all VIP tickets have sold out.
Children under 12 will be granted free entry to the event with a paying parent or guardian; the free tickets can be collected from the John Mackintosh Hall between 10am and 2pm on the day of the festival, September 7.
For more information, visit the official event site, www.gibraltarmusicfestival.com
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40