AN exotic array of supercars crossed the finish line of this year’s Cannonball 2000 at the Kempinski Bahia Hotel on Sunday, after a high powered sprint across Europe.
The 38 cars, which included Ferraris, Porsches, Aston Martins and Maseratis, competed in a rally that took them from London to Marbella via Amsterdam, Paris, Geneva, Cannes and Valencia over seven days.
With the aim of having a good time rather than reckless driving, the Cannonballers ended the run with a huge party in Puerto Banus!
- Giles Brown is more Christopher Biggins than Christopher Reeve as he learns to fly in southern Spain - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 16:08
- OPEN SEASON: Giles Brown puts up many a guest at his place, but draws the line at garden yurts - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- TROLL TROUBLE: Giles Brown is used to insults flying his way, but troll his family and that’s a different matter - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00