DAVID Cameron released a special video message to mark Gibraltar’s annual National Day.
In his video, the Prime Minister said: “Britain and Gibraltar have a long and proud history. For 300 years we have stood together, as one, with our shared sovereign.
“The people of Gibraltar have faced the pressures of recent months with enormous dignity.
“The British people and my Government stand with you. Our relationship is solid, sure and enduring. The British Government wholeheartedly supports your right to determine your future.
“We will never agree to any transfer of sovereignty – or even start a negotiation of sovereignty – without your consent. I wouldn’t want us ever to go down that route.
“Gibraltar has been British for 300 years…let’s keep it that way.”
Mr Cameron urged Gibraltarians to enjoy a “happy Gibraltar National Day”. He went on: “As we celebrate, let us remember Spain is our neighbour and thousands of Spanish people work in Gibraltar.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27