THE Costa del Sol is still the most attractive golf tourism destination among European golfers, a recent survey has revealed.
More than 12% of golfers from the UK, France and Scandinavia have visited the region in the past 12 months, according to Reed Travel Exhibitions.
In total, 28% of participants have played golf in Spain over the past year.
The survey also revealed the average golfer holidays for seven days, and spends and average €200 per day.
Those visiting from Britain spend below average, €10, while the Scandinavians splash out a hefty €230 per day.
Other popular destination for European Golfers include Portugal (17%), Great Britain (16,1%) and Turkey (7,1%).
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40