SPAIN’S first ever footgolf tournament is to take place in Antequera next month.
Four teams will be taking part in Circuito Torneo de Lanzamiento Futgolf para Todos, at the Hotel Antequera Golf, with the objective of expanding the new sport to other golf courses all across Andalucia.
A total 72 participants will take part in the tournament, including Real Madrid star Pepe Salguero.
Footgolf is a hybrid sport that combines football playing with golf rules.
Players are required to kick a ball into a number of 52cm holes, and to complete the whole course with the fewest kicks possible.
The next matches are scheduled for November 3 and 23.
- Taste of Spain - 27 Oct, 2013 @ 18:00
- Squid’s in - 27 Oct, 2013 @ 14:00
- Just champion for a first time! - 27 Oct, 2013 @ 10:30
- What you’re chatting about… (19-25 October 2013) - 27 Oct, 2013 @ 10:30
- Have you heard of footgolf? - 26 Oct, 2013 @ 18:00
- Spanish PIVE car plan gets €70m boost - 26 Oct, 2013 @ 14:30
- Businesses in Spain don’t like Facebook - 26 Oct, 2013 @ 14:00
- This week’s most read news (19-25 October 2013) - 26 Oct, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spanish singer Manolo Escobar dies - 25 Oct, 2013 @ 14:30
- Offering renewed hope in the fight against cancer - 23 Oct, 2013 @ 18:30