YOU will definitely be able to have a whale of a time in the Sierra Nevada this year.
The team at Cetursa, that runs the ski station, is installing a huge whale to ski through.
The new family-friendly ski area – which has a marine theme – will give young explorers the chance to go to the bottom of the sea, while on top of a mountain.
Announced by the Minister of Sports Luciano Alonso, during the presentation ceremony in Granada, Pista del Mar will have more space for beginners and new lifts installed.
The design is part of a long term plan to encourage more families to take up snow sports, with children under five currently getting free entry to the slopes.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40