THE world’s first five-star floating yacht hotel, Sunborn Gibraltar, is undergoing final preparations ahead of moving to her permanent home in Ocean Village next month.
A massive €150 million refit will leave the ship with 189 guest rooms, and facilities including a casino, spa and fitness centre, restaurants and even a ballroom.
Conferences will be catered for in a flexible meeting space for up to 540 delegates.
Brian Stevendale, chief executive, said: “She has had her final exterior coat of paint, the teak decks and stainless steel railings are being brought up to showroom condition and the interior is looking terrific.”
The floating hotel is due to welcome its first guests in January 2014.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40