KOOL and the Gang and Gloria Gaynor have been confirmed among the top acts at next year’s Starlight Festival in Marbella. Other acts will include Chucho Valdes, Segio Dalma, Julio Iglesias, Dani Martin and Marta Sanchez, who will close the festval on August 23.
The line up was announced at a press conference in Madrid, where singer Marta Sanchez revealed that she will be singing with Gloria Gaynor in a one off show called Divas before returning for her solo show on August 23.
“It will be momentous” she said at the press conference. “This is an honour for me. I have been a huge fan of Gloria Gaynor since I was a little girl”.
As well as music, the Starlite Festival, which takes place in the atmospheric 2,500 seater Marbella Auditorio, will include fashion, film and art events. Next year’s festival runs from July 23 – August 23.
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24