A CHARITY dog walk is taking place this weekend in Nueva Andalucia.
The Bark Dogathon 2013 is raising funds for Triple A, a Marbella charity for abandonned animals.
Kicking off at 12pm at the Starz café, participants and their furry friends will be sent along a 30-40 minute round route along the paseo and the beach.
As Heidi Fulford says: “We decided to call the event ‘BARK’ as we want to give a voice to all the abandoned and abused animals that can’t be heard.
There are currently thousands of animals in the numerous animal shelters in the Costa del Sol and we must not forget about them. These shelters work tirelessly but they are bursting at the seams.
We should also be looking at ways to prevent this problem in the first place. We need to encourage people to have their pets neutered, to understand that a pet is ‘forever’ and not to buy from shops; instead either choose a responsible, registered breeder or rescue from a shelter.”
Entry is €10, and you don’t need a dog to take part.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40