The Olive Press’ most commented news of the week
1. Spanish government draft new bill to crack down on unauthorised protests
Participants in unauthorised demonstrations could be slapped with fines of €600,000 if a new law is passed.
2. Andalucian government prepares for earthquakes
It has formed a committee which includes emergency and security services to initiate evacuation and recovery procedures, after the National Seismic Institution increased the risk level in Malaga and a large area of Antequera.
3. Royal Navy in ‘heated’ standoff with Spanish survey ship in Gibraltar
Listen to the radio exchanges as the Ramon Margalef defied repeated orders from British forces to leave Gibraltar waters.
4. Spain 101: Nowty (not noisy) neighbours
The walls in Spain are a lot thinner than they are anywhere else.
5. Animal charities unite in bid to stop slaughter of feral cats
A petition has been launched to stop the mass round up and slaughter of feral cats in the city of Almeria.