SPANIARDS are the biggest consumers of non-alcoholic beer, according to a survey.
The country guzzled a total 584,1 million litres of low or alcohol-free beer in 2012, a third more than second place Germany, according to research agency Euromonitor.
Spain even outdrank the Middle East, where alcohol consumption is frowned upon, or illegal.
The researchers cite strict drink driving laws, new health fads, and a culture of drinking to mingle rather than to get drunk as possible reasons for the results.
Despite healthier drink choices, the country continues to have the highest percentage of cigarette smokers aged 15 and over in the developed world.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40