RONALDO and his Real Madrid team mates can now be seen zipping around in their brand new Audis.
The German car maker has had a relationship with the club for 10 years, and as per tradition, the team’s roster gets its pick of preselected loaner cars for the season, complete with favourable purchase options at the end of the year.
The official handover took place at the Hipodromo de la Zarzuela horse-racing track on the outskirts of Madrid.
Ronaldo chose the most expensive car of the bunch, a 552-horsepower RS6 Avant.
His choice made him something of a contrarian, half of the 24 vehicles dispensed were SUV Q7 sport crossovers.
Recent signing, and top-paid player Gareth Bale opted for the Q7 3.0 TDI
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40