The Olive Press’ most commented news of the week
1. Spain deemed more corrupt than last year
Spain has slipped six places in the corruption perception index following a series of scandals.
2. EXCLUSIVE: Update on mystery blaze
Police are now probing the reasons behind the blaze at Big Blue Box, that destroyed hundreds of thousands of euros of furniture, most belonging to private individuals.
3. Bidding opens for Ciudad Real airport
A huge airport in central Spain that cost €1 billion to build has gone up for auction for just €100 million.
4. Plea to get Antequera high-speed rail test track back on track
The PSOE Socialist Party wants central government to re-tender the controversial testing ring for high-speed trains in Antequera.
5. King of Spain misses Mandela memorial service
His son Felipe took his place alongside Prime Minister Rajoy, as they flew out together to Johannesburg.