SPAIN has topped the year-end FIFA rankings for the sixth straight year.
The reigning world and European champions were No. 1 for the 28th consecutive month in the December rankings released Thursday.
Germany was second in an unchanged top 10, followed by Argentina, Colombia, Portugal, Uruguay, Italy, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Brazil.
The United States, the top-ranked team from North and Central America and the Caribbean, remained 14th for the second straight month.
The U.S. was 13th in September and October, its highest ranking since July 2010.
No. 18 Ukraine made the biggest rankings rise in 2013, up 29 places. Ukraine failed to qualify for the World Cup, losing a playoff to No. 20 France.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40