MALAGA town hall is to invest €1.39 million in a new rugby complex.
The Campo de Rugby Manuel Becerra, has been named in memory of the Sur sports journalist and rugby fan, who died suddenly two years ago.
Mayor of Rincón de la Victoria, Francisco Salado, announced the project at a press conference and also revealed that the town had signed an agreement with the Spanish Rugby Federation to start a provincial rugby academy.
The academy – which would be open to children from across the province – is scheduled to be operational by the end of 2014.
The rugby ground, which is situated in the Victoria Park development, will feature state-of-the-art artificial turf, drainage facilities, and a lighting and PA system. The clubhouse will have four changing rooms, gym, first aid facilities and a bar.
The Campo de Rugby Manuel Becerra is scheduled to open in late summer next year.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30