THE JUNTA has been called in to keep an eagle-eye on elections to the Andalucian Royal Golf Federation (RAFG), after the previous two results were bunkered due to ‘irregularities’ in the voting process.
Eight officials from the Andalucian Ministry of Sport were sent in to monitor proceedings after accusations of faked votes and secret payments to officials in charge of postal votes.
The election is being fought between President of Guadalhorce club, Angel de la Riva and Pablo Heredia Larios, President of Real Club de Golf de Sevilla.
The Federation has 45,000 members, each of whom pay a €74 membership fee.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30