A WOMAN has been left red-faced after a video of her busting moves before being swept up in a huge wave has become an internet sensation.
Video footage shows her in a black swimsuit on Sardinero beach, casually skipping along as the surge of water quickly approaches.
She was filmed with two other friends as severe storms battered Europe’s Atlantic coastlines on January 6.
Realising that her dancing isn’t going to stop the massive force barreling towards her, she tries trotting over to safety but is caught in the wave instead. Her friends, who made it to a concrete ramp, can be seen looking on as she is carried away.
‘I would venture to say she learned her lesson,’ said one viewer.
‘Why be anywhere near such a dangerous situation let alone skipping in it?’ another added.
It is understood the woman was rescued and suffered just a few bruises.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40