IT is one of the most exciting new airline developments this year.
A brand new company Your Flight is to launch direct flights from Gibraltar to Morocco this Spring.
The airline, set up by four local businessmen from the Rock, is offering the route up to twice a week from April 17 to Marrakech.
Costing just £99 one way, the flights, operated by Royal Air Maroc, will leave the Rock on Thursdays and Sundays
Best of all, there will be ‘no hidden extras’ with passengers able to take up to 23 kilos of luggage.
Your Flight also hopes to offer other destinations, including Fez, Agadir and Casablanca, in the future.
A service to Tangier is planned for late 2014.
Director Paul Lopez told the Olive Press: “It has been in the planning stages for two years but now is definitely the right time to launch.
“Until now you have to fly on Ryanair via Sevilla or go on a more expensive service from Malaga, via Casablanca or Madrid.
“We are onto a winner here. We expect it to do very well.”
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48