A WORLD first arrived in Gibraltar last week.
The Sunborn Gibraltar, the only 5-star floating hotel in the world, finally docked beside the casino, in Ocean Village, ahead of its official opening on March 1.
Around a month behind schedule, the 189-room hotel will offer luxury rooms from £228 a night with wifi included.
Brian Stevendale, the hotel’s chief executive, commented that the final move into position went perfectly and that they would soon been fully staffed and ready to open.
Sandra Lamplough, managing director at Ocean Village, told the Olive Press: “We are delighted that Sunborn has chosen Ocean Village for its location.
“The luxury hotel and conference venue slots into our high-end marina resort perfectly, not least because we offer the convenience of being just minutes from the border and international airport.
“Sunborn Gibraltar is a welcome addition to the local community, fills a gap in the market for quality accommodation, and we are very much looking forward to its imminent opening.”
Much of the preparation work was undertaken by British engineering company Roger Bullivant, which has an office on the Costa del Sol.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44