ROCKERS Franz Ferdinand are set to headline a brand new festival in Malaga this summer.
The Scottish band were rumoured to be sharing the stage with English band Placebo for the Sun101 festival, who now appear to have pulled out.
Not much has been given away about the event as yet, with the website only displaying a brief 18 second teaser video to the sound of Franz Ferdinand’s ‘Do you want it’.
However, it will reportedly take place on the second weekend of July in the Olympic Stadium.
The video begins with the words ‘Are you ready?’ on screen before a countdown from ten and a film of various sites in Malaga, ending with the festival’s logo.
Franz Ferdinand, led by Alex Kapranos, return to Spain following their headline performance at Malaga’s Palacio de Congresas in 2010.
Crystal Fighters, an alternative dance band from London, will also grace the stage to perform songs from their latest album ‘Rave Cave’.
French rock band Rinocerose and Lori Meyers, an indie band from Granada, will also take to the stage.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44