A SPANISH Metro station has been named one of the most architecturally impressive in Europe.
Fosteritos, in Bilbao, was ranked eighth in the continent thanks to its light generating curved glass entrance.
The station, the third largest in Spain, was designed by Lord Foster, and is considered a prime example of the city’s modern, up-to-the-minute style.
The top three according to CNN were in Naples, Westfriedhof in Munich and Komsomolskaya (Koltsevaya Line), in Moscow.
Others in the list included London’s Westminster station and Palais Royal, at the Musée du Louvre, in Paris.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05