THE man arrested for murdering his partner and child in Sotogrande was found dead in his cell this morning, hours before he was due in court.
The 51-year-old Belgian died in custody in Algeciras, the cause of death is as yet unknown but it is believed to have been from natural causes.
The bodies of a 51-year-old woman and 9-year-old child, also Belgian, were found in the early hours of Wednesday morning by the landlord who was there to collect the keys.
The mother had been beheaded, and the daughter strangled, in what is believed to have been a domestic attack.
The woman’s partner and father of the child was arrested after being found wandering in a nearby street with several cuts on his body.
It is believed the family were renting the property as a holiday home.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44