A BARCELONA girl who went missing seven months ago has been rescued from Bolivia’s Amazon rainforest.
The nine-year-old went missing in August while on holiday with Bolivian neighbours from her home city of Hospitalet de Llobregat, Catalunia.
Her parents, who are originally from Morocco, contacted local police after they were unable to contact the neighbours several days after allegedly landing in Bolivia.
The Guardia Civil, local police in Barcelona, and the Bolivian authorities launched a joint search for the girl, who was believed to have been kidnapped.
They were eventually found deep in Bolivia’s Amazon rainforest.
The alleged kidnapper, Grover Morales, 35, faces charges of human trafficking and sexual abuse.
He told local television channels the girl’s parents had given him permission to marry her as he had converted to Islam.
The girl will return home to Spain soon.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40