DAVE Mahon has been asked to return to Ireland within days to be charged with the murder of his stepson Dean Fitzpatrick, Amy’s older brother.
Currently in Spain with partner Audrey, the Gardai contacted Dave earlier this week to demand that he returns to Dublin.
This follows the Olive Press’ exclusive new sensational evidence regarding the night of Amy’s disappearance and where she may be buried.
Dean died aged 23 in May last year after he sustained a stab wound during an altercation with Dave in his Dublin flat, allegedly after confronting him over the disappearance of his sister Amy on New Year’s Day 2008.
Dave was told the Director of Public Prosecutions had instructed he is to be charged, following months of consideration. But as yet he does not know exactly what the charge is.
“I gave gardai my word when we went to Spain that I would come back if requested and that is what I am going to do,” Mr Mahon told The Star.
“I am going to try to be strong for myself and for Audrey. I will have to take whatever happens on the chin.”
Meanwhile the search for Amy continues.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44