A DESPERATE search is underway for four missing crew members of a Spanish military helicopter, which crashed last night.
The Super Puma helicopter crashed during a military exercise near the Canary Islands, off the north west coast of Africa.
One crew member has been found, and the rescue attempt for the four remaining includes naval, police and maritime rescue services.
The cause of the crash is as yet unknown.
“They were doing a regular rescue by winching exercise when it crashed,” said an air force spokesman.
The search is focussed on an area 25 nautical miles south west of the Fuerteventura island.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05