SPAIN’S chef-of-the-moment has combined forces with the British Ambassador in Madrid to star in a film where they whip up a British classic – roast beef and Yorkshire puds – with a Spanish twist.
David Munoz, famous for his Mohican and three Michelin stars, paired up with Simon Manley, 46, for the youtube video promoting Spanish investment in Britain.
In the clip, David explains why he will soon be opening his first international restaurant in Britain.
“I love it,’ he says. “I lived in London for six years, and learnt almost everything there. London’s huge gastronomic diversity can be found nowhere else.”
His new restaurant, StreetXO London, will open this summer in Mayfair, bringing with it the food that has made obtaining a table at his tiny DiverXO restaurant in Madrid near impossible.
Mr Manley emphasised Britain’s position as one of the easiest countries in Europe to start a business.
“David’s decision to expand into the UK shows what a great place London is to start a new business or expand an existing one. What’s more, he’ll add even further to the incredible quality and variety of food which visitors to London can enjoy.”
Wearing union jack aprons, the culinary duo add horseradish, papaya and Spanish herbs to their beef.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44