WELL known expat radio presenter Roy Silverthorne has died today in England, aged 67, following a long illness.
Roy was a popular face throughout the expat marketplace, having presented breakfast shows for Spectrum Radio, REM and then TRE.
Arriving in Spain in 2002 from Bahrain in the Arabian Gulf, Roy also at one time launched a radio station – Choice FM – in Almeria, but it didn’t prove as successful as he had hoped.
He left Spain just under four years ago, by which time he was suffering ill health, and died in Doncaster.
He is survived by his wife Gill and their daughter Lisa.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05