BARCELONA have sacked an member of their museum staff who was spotted making a racist monkey gesture at Racing Santander striker Mamadou Kone at the weekend.
The woman, who was with Llagostera supporters, was identified by the Catalan club and reported to the police after the game.
Racism has been a hot topic in Spain lately after Barcelona defender Dani Alves ate a banana which was thrown at him during a recent game.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33