THE results of TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, which honour the best things in travel from around the world, have been revealed.
Destinations, landmarks, hotels, beaches and even airlines all get a shot at scooping a prestigious award.
This year Sevilla’s Plaza de España has been given the best landmark award.
Voted for by the TripAdvisor community, it’s not hard to see why this beautiful square in southern Spain has been crowned Europe’s top dog.
“As seen in several movies. Amazing architecture. We only walked around on the exterior but was very impressed by the size and scope. If you are in the area walk by. Worth the walk,” wrote one reviewer.
The Moorish style gardens and square, built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition, have indeed had several silver screen appearances.
Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and The Dictator (2012) are among the big-money blockbusters to use Sevilla’s most beautiful landmark as a location.
With 36,588 reviews on TripAdvisor, the Plaza de España is ranked as the top thing to do in Andalucia’s capital and there are countless ways to explore its beauty.
The review site recommend a nighttime flamenco tour, an electric bike tour or some traditional sightseeing.
A masterful combination of Renaissance and Moorish architecture, visitors are bound to see photoshoots and TripAdvisor urge tourists to ‘bring a camera!’
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38