THE results of TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, which honour the best things in travel from around the world, have been revealed.
Destinations, landmarks, hotels, beaches and even airlines all get a shot at scooping a prestigious award.
This year Sevilla’s Plaza de España has been given the best landmark award.
Voted for by the TripAdvisor community, it’s not hard to see why this beautiful square in southern Spain has been crowned Europe’s top dog.
“As seen in several movies. Amazing architecture. We only walked around on the exterior but was very impressed by the size and scope. If you are in the area walk by. Worth the walk,” wrote one reviewer.
The Moorish style gardens and square, built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition, have indeed had several silver screen appearances.
Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and The Dictator (2012) are among the big-money blockbusters to use Sevilla’s most beautiful landmark as a location.
With 36,588 reviews on TripAdvisor, the Plaza de España is ranked as the top thing to do in Andalucia’s capital and there are countless ways to explore its beauty.
The review site recommend a nighttime flamenco tour, an electric bike tour or some traditional sightseeing.
A masterful combination of Renaissance and Moorish architecture, visitors are bound to see photoshoots and TripAdvisor urge tourists to ‘bring a camera!’
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40