THE results of TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, which honour the best things in travel from around the world, have been revealed.
Destinations, landmarks, hotels, beaches and even airlines all get a shot at scooping a prestigious award.
This year Sevilla’s Plaza de España has been given the best landmark award.
Voted for by the TripAdvisor community, it’s not hard to see why this beautiful square in southern Spain has been crowned Europe’s top dog.
“As seen in several movies. Amazing architecture. We only walked around on the exterior but was very impressed by the size and scope. If you are in the area walk by. Worth the walk,” wrote one reviewer.
The Moorish style gardens and square, built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition, have indeed had several silver screen appearances.
Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and The Dictator (2012) are among the big-money blockbusters to use Sevilla’s most beautiful landmark as a location.
With 36,588 reviews on TripAdvisor, the Plaza de España is ranked as the top thing to do in Andalucia’s capital and there are countless ways to explore its beauty.
The review site recommend a nighttime flamenco tour, an electric bike tour or some traditional sightseeing.
A masterful combination of Renaissance and Moorish architecture, visitors are bound to see photoshoots and TripAdvisor urge tourists to ‘bring a camera!’
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57